Monday, April 2, 2012

Standing, Staring, Precariously Balanced

I stand, both feet firmly planted on what seems like ground
In front and on my left and right nothing but horizon can be found
I look down at where my feet seem to be planted
To my surprise I see a seemingly endless decent

I know I'm not here to jump or anything
But I can't figure out how I got here, did I sprout wings....
I know I came here to sit, listen and think
To get some place where my insanity isn't on the brink

I sit down and just look of into the distance to see what is there
But the longer I stare, I realize that sight seeing isn't what it is I care
The reason that I am up here, on the precariously perched ledge
Is to stop myself from slowly but surely going off the edge

I could stay up here all day, its the most peaceful I have been in awhile
Being up here, I know I can't stay, because this is merely a trial
The beauty of the world I see stretched out in front of me
From the rolling hills, to the big cities, and the blacktop to the forests filled with hundreds of trees

Most people feel the sunset is the most amazing time of the day to watch from on high
But I have to disagree,sun rise is, the way the sun races across the land lit from the sky
I see the line of light slowly creeping across the ground and watching the world wake up
Birds begin to fly, the streets begin to fill, and the sounds of life fly about, only missing a dude saying "sup"

I think I might just hang out here for awhile, and just watch the world spin a few times
Take notes, observe and learn more about who I am as a person, just sit and write some rhymes
Up here I shall be in a state of homage of sorts, a journey not so much of physical distance
But a mental journey to find my true self, no longer taking the path of least resistance

While sitting and acting as the observer may not be a path filled with lots of people
It is a space where I need to be, high above everything else, soaring like an Eagle
So here I will stay for a time, I'll look in upon myself and rely just on me for love
I am not expecting anybody else to do it, I'll be the releaser of my own dove.

I'm going to take a break from everything that I can
This is my time to learn to be a better man
This is where I should say adieu for now
If you just happen to look up every so often, you'll see me perched on the bow of where I stand now.

No comments:

Post a Comment