Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shouting Yet Silent

How on earth do I get your attention
What will it take to end this desertion
I scream at the top of my voice
But it appears you don't hear me by choice

I don't know what it will take to capture your thought
Jumping up and down doesn't work, not even a trot
Would I need to carve a flawless statue out of stone
Or maybe I'll have to fight like the great gladiators of Rome

What can I do to divert your gaze long enough to see me
Would it take a sign that says hugs are free
No that wont work, because I've already tried and you walked on by
Sometimes I wonder if its even worth it to try

I'm not asking for much really at all
I just want to hear your voice, to talk, just to arrest this fall
At night I plan out all the ways I'll try to get your attention tomorrow
But no matter how long I think, my ideas always just flounder

I know what we have is not perfect
But it doesn't mean that you need to take what we have and to it reject
All I ask is that when I reach out to hold your hand
That you have the kindness to not just let it fall away like sand

I want to just sit down and tell you everything on my mind
To spill out whats in my heart and show that love is indeed blind
I hate having to keep what I'm feeling separate from what I get to show
Because honestly, I just want to compliment about how you glow

Maybe some day things will go back to the way there were once upon a long time ago
Where we can talk and hang out and things just flow
But for now I'm left to hide what I feel inside
So by these rules I will abide

I only want to see you happy in the end
But I also would love to be your best friend
So here is to one day being friends once again
Until then, let the hiding begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment