Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Unsure Of My Own Mind

I stand here unsure of what to do
My mind and body has been emptied, it has no crew
Nothing is quite the same anymore
Its like the peace that's right after the war

Only problem is I'm not a peace
I feel like I'm in the squabble, will it ever cease
Saying these things out loud I shouldn't do
But my heart, I haven't even begun to spew

For I know you are watching me closely
To figure out if I'm okay, well mostly.
I'll cut straight to the chase
I am going to make sure to give you your space

I know right now I resemble a poison
Not exactly something you would have chosen
Since you know that I'll always love you
I'll stay out of this renew

But never forget I will always have open arms
Should something  cause you mental harm
I'd never wish that upon your face
There wouldn't even be a trace

So I'll try to figure myself out as I sort out my life
To keep my words from cutting anybody like a knife
Hold my words close, so that they don't attack
Cause I don't want to stab you in the back

What my mind really has going on inside I'll never share
Maybe you'll see one day its cause I care
I'd give up anything to protect the ones I love most deeply
Even if the price paid seems steeply

My duty to the ones I life over rides everything else about me
Nothing could ever keep me from completing it, not even the black sea
While I never hope I fail you at all
I'm sure that one day, I'll fail and fall

I'm not perfect, not will I ever be
Those are the things that define me
I'll change, that is one of the biggest given
But you could already figure that out, cause you already changed how I am livin'

So as I sort my mind out, and try to make it make some sense
The notion that I'll get it sorted out like the easy level of tetris is future tense.
And that is fine by me, one day I'll be able to line up all the blocks
Everything falling into place, and be more readable, instead of a blackbox

No comments:

Post a Comment