Friday, January 27, 2012

It's okay to admit, that you really aren't okay inside.

Nobody ever said it was unmanly
Not a soul said it was unsightly
The things we trick ourselves into thinking
When will it stop, with our emotions its only monkeying

Some will say they never cry
But, that is whole heartily a lie
From the wimpiest to the most manly man
They all cry, but to the inside do they cram

It is perfect fine to admit that you are not fine
To show that you are slowly losing your mind
That the feelings you have caged are making you ill
Saying that you have lost every ounce of will

Someday's you just want to slink around on the floor
Being simply, but a human caterpillar
Eat, Slink, Sleep, Slink, Slink and Slink some more
Not wanting to go anywhere near or out your door

Other times you just feel disabled and can't move
No desire, no drive, to even turn on your favorite song and groove
Where laying in bed all day sounds like a fantastic plan
This happens even to the best of men

But we all throw on our happy face and clothes and face the world
Cause why would anybody except our emotions to be whirled
We are always the brave one who could with stand anything
A hurricane, the front lines, the apocalypse, just everything

While on the outside we may just seem a little off
Just appearing as thought we can shrug it off with a skoff
But if you would only glimpse to what is going on inside of us
A nightmare, the worst storm of the century , but that would even begin to address

Some nights we get no sleep, just staring at the ceiling
wondering where the hell we went wrong, was there any feeling
Those are nights are the worse of any, by far
Sometimes it is enough tears to fill a large jar

The shakes, the aches, and the headaches
Just a daily dose of what we all hide
From everybody else we all know, there is something we hold inside
Never to let it out, we'd rather let it eat us alive

So here I am making my stand against the norm
Don't get me wrong I'll still weather the storm
But I'm no longer afraid to let the tears roll down my face
Slowly sliding down, as we make our fall from grace

All I have left to do is spread my wings and try to fly
I know I won't succeed the first time, and maybe get a black-eye
But if I just keep trying enough, then maybe one day I'll be airborne
Where I can fly free, escape the norm, expectations, and scorn.

For I will now rise from the ashes
Don't you dare call me pretentious
For here I make my stand to be nothing short of who I am
And for those with me, they will love me for everything I can't and can

No comments:

Post a Comment