Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In My Mind And My Bed There Is Now An Empty Space

I just can't seem to get you off my mind
Nothing I do, no matter how hard I grind
You're always there, with no where to go
The thought of your face dangling to and fro

Just rolling over in my mind I feel a blank space
A space that was occupied by your loving face
But now it is empty and vast
But still your face can't be surpassed

No matter what I do, I can't seem to fill the void
My brain sits back and with its' self is toyed
I need to find a way to clear my brain
Or it seems like my heart will be forever in pain

Every night I can't stop tossing and turning
The comfort of cuddling your body I'm yearning
But here I lay just look at the space you used to take
Now all that's left is an air pocket in your wake

This feeling, I don't know how much more I can stand
To endure this you must be more than a man
I know it may sound quite crazy
But my mind, it surely is a big bully

All I can do is sit on this front porch and swing
and try to tell my self, that you weren't the one for my ring
It is harder than it seems
To go on with out your face lit by sunbeams

I miss your ever so gentle kiss
The one that brought me great bliss
The presence of your body against mine
As we'd drift off to dream worlds of our own design

With each day I hope it gets a little easier
That my days won't just get bleaker and bleaker
But who ever gets to put their ring on you
Won't make me look like a fool

So here's a toast to a future filled with grace
One filled with no disgrace
Aw who am I kidding its hard to keep this face straight
When it is only you that I want to date

1 comment:

  1. hey boy. i hope you are doing okay. i know we haven't really talked in a while, but if you want to i'm here. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete