Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Code Monkey:

Okay, so I lied in my last post. My bad, it took me longer than I intended for me to. so here I go!....
BLOG BLOG BLOG BLOG BLOG! all done. Just kidding.

So my topic of today's post is Code Monkeys.

First off, who makes up a word Code Monkey? Oh wait.. that would be us Computer Science people who think we are so witty all the time, but aren't really. ( I lied, we are always witty and you know it, you just don't always get it.) But in all reality, we are totally awesome and make up acronyms and all sorts of other made up words; like GUI, OOP, Code Monkey,UX, and a ton of other totally useless to non CS people words, but we don't really care.

So basically, I was a code monkey not to long ago my self. For the better part of 4 days I was holed up in my room living off mountain dew and pizza taking time to sleep only when my body yelled at me like " go to sleep now, or I will make your right foot fall off!" and didn't shower for those 4 days. I bet you all think I did that, but no, I have this wonderful skill called personal hygiene. In reality what happened was something like this... For the better part of 4 days I was holed up in my room (yes, its all the same so far, but hold with me here for the difference) living off CAFFINE (OH! LOOK A DIFFERENCE) and other assorted food items, but left my room to eat those (curse the dinning hall not having a direct tube to my room.) But had a fairly normal sleep schedule, but spent all my time programing and staring at my computer screen looking at all my errors..

The last night (the night before the program was due) I neglected to find any time to sleep, which was most unfortunate, because the rest of the day I was easily confused with a zombie, I only lacked the desire for human flesh, torn clothes, and blood stains. and then I discovered the most wonderful thing at 2:30 that afternoon... ready for it... NAP TIME! I felt like I was in heaven, I laid down and was out cold in under 2 minutes. Which soon after which, maybe 3 hours later I was promptly woken by Cinderella and her man friend prince charming to consume more food.

Okay, so that was a tangent that I really don't want to continue on, so I shall now return to the subject of code monkey, and how some points in my life I am one. As one of my stunning discoveries at some ridiculously late hour while being a code monkey I discovered that Code Monkey's across the world need their own theme song, cause currently, there is none, and they put in tons of effort. SO here is my best effort at making my own, I'll soon think of real world song. but here is mine.

Bum BUM DIDDIE LEE BUM BUM! bu bu bumdidibum bum da da do do di da do grra rawr!

I know, you all probably wanna steal it and turn it into sony.. BUT DON'T IT'S MINE!

Back to Code Monkey's again... so since I am still a CS major, I will probably transform into Code Monkey again once more soon (yes, its an epic transformation,) so give me the benefit of the doubt and don't think I'm the stereo typical nerd who doesn't understand the intricacies of life, don't believe me? ask Cinderella.

Okay, that is all I have for now, I'll probably end up going uber nerd and doing my review of Battlfield: Bad Company 2 next time (yes, I've been playing that "stupid" demo for a couple days now.) So count on that, until next time..... Sleep well?

3 comments:

  1. wow man, you're one odd cookie haha.

    I do like the song though, and I think we should finalize that when I get over there next year haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy. you are ridiculous code monkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://theyounglife-n.blogspot.com/2010/02/simply-beautiful.html

    follow that link. you WILL enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete