Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Poem, Why not?

So.. Since I haven't really accomplished much in life recently I'd figure I'd write you another poem, its not as happy as the last post, in fact some might find it down right depressing, but hey.  We can't be happy all the damn time, myself included.

Watching the beautiful colors in life fade
Removing all that effort I so strongly made
Losing all that I worked for
Like heat escaping out an open door

I race to stop it from going down the drain
But no idea works that comes to my brain
All I can do is sit and watch
As all my hard work turns out to botch

So behind the locked door I sit
With a feeling that no key will ever fit
To unlock the secrets behind lock and key
The only thing between you and the real me

Oh how I hope you find the device to open the magic lock
To rid me of this ever ticking clock
The sound that reminds me of many things I lack
Ever reminding me that I'm not on track

So please rescue me from the dark and dreary place
To let my mind rest from its endless thought race
Removing the ball and chain from my heart and soul
So that my heart no longer beats after you like a fool

Because no matter what I seem to do
To notice me it never seems to be enough for you
I could just be doing everything, even jump in the air
But I would still be less interesting than the fair

So hand over the key to a girl who wants my heart
Who won't throw it in a blender from the very start
A certain somebody who will lay out in the sun
And together we can have lots of fun

So for now I cast out my line
Wait and see if my bait a girl it will find
All I can do now is hope and pray
That my love will soon come my way.


By the way, you can share these if you feel.  Or share my blog in general, I don't care.  IF you think somebody would like any part of anything, just show it to em.

4 comments:

  1. i love your poetry. you're really good at it. i don't think i am the rhymer you seem to be. and sad poems are okay too - not everyone is happy all the time like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Sweet Love

    Once upon a time,
    I made this rhyme.
    What it speaks is true,
    So I’ll share it with you.

    I’m hiding under my covers of fluff,
    Finding it’s warmth and safety is enough.
    But even here I think of him,
    And how I’d rather feel his skin…

    You may wonder who the man is that I mention,
    But the answer merely leads to another question.
    For every day I am given - I look for that face,
    The one with eyes that will set my soul ablaze.

    Everyone wants that someone,
    A true match beyond reason,
    One to help mend what’s broken,
    And to rejoice with before Heaven…

    Sometimes it’s easier for me to choose ignorance,
    But I’ve tried, and cannot get away from his brilliance.
    After all he has spoken to me - boldly invading my dreams,
    He is a nameless face that only my spirit sees.

    I‘m here, I will always be waiting,
    With the heart inside of me continually aching.
    But when our worlds are ready to collide it will be known
    That through our patience, all my love for you has grown.

    Just about the time the shadows call
    I undress my mind and dare you to follow
    Paint a portrait of my mystery
    Only close my eyes and you are here with me…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear anonymous, I appreciate you. That poem is really good, like really really good. If I know you in person, you should let me know somehow if you want too. Cause honestly your talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete